China Auto Maintenance & Repair Trade Association (CAMETA) founded in October 1983, is a national Class A association, with over 400 members from enterprises engaging in auto maintenance and repair equipment manufacture, auto maintenance service, and relevant research and design institutes, universities, IT and individual expert and scholar. In the CAMETA there are Marketing Committee, International Cooperation Committee, Sales Agency Liaison Committee, Membership Development Committee, Expert Committee, Education and Instrument Committee, Training Center and Secretariat.
The business scope of the CAMETA
1. To conduct industry survey, collect and process basic information about the industry, to study the industry development strategy, and to develop by-law of the industry;
2. To assist relevant government departments in the formulation of the industry related laws and regulations, industry development policies and guidelines, as well as technical standards and quality specifications;
3. To conduct quality inspection and acceptance for the maintenance equipment and services, issuance of production permits, statistics and market forecast commissioned by the government;
4. To coordinate the relations between the government and the industry as well as the relations among the enterprises within the industry;
5. To organize industrial exhibitions, conference and product ordering meetings;
6. To organize technical exchanges, new product promotion, application of new technology and materials in the industry, to promote upgrading of the products;
7. To advise the government about the industry needs and to protect legal right of the industry as well as the enterprises;
8. To provide information exchange and consultant service, and professional training courses;
9. To maintain international relations with overseas counterparts and stakeholders, to promote international cooperation, exchange and marketing activities;
10. To provide legal service to the industry and the public, for protecting intellectual property right, and for dispute arbitration;
11. Other activities entrusted by the government, members and relevant departments;
12. To publish publications of the industry.
There are ten categories of products manufactured by the CAMETA members, covering such areas as automobile inspection and test; diagnosis and maintenance equipment; retrofitting, spray painting, cleaning equipment; automobile lifting and transport equipment; lubrication equipment; car decoration and special tools.